How to fix burn marks in your carpet

http://fixlovely.blogspot.ca/2016/05/how-to-fix-burn-marks-in-your-carpet.html
I love fires. 
I love candles and fires in the fireplace....

And unfortunately, a few times a year, an errant spark pops out of the fireplace and creates a nasty black singe mark on the carpet

SO SAD

Well, I have the best solution for fixing carpet holes! I've also used this fix when there once was a safe bolted to the floor and we had to move it. (the safe guys swore up and down that the holes wouldn't show if I moved the safe but they LIED! BIG holes the size of quarters. FOUR of them!!)

Anyways, STEP ONE!

Go into the darkest reaches of your closet and pull up some carpet from a deep corner. Using a box cutter, cut it out - making sure you cut the bottom nap/thatch, and not the pile. 

Using the box cutter (or sharp scissors if it works better for you), cut out the singe/scorch mark, making sure to cut out all the burn marks. I don't bother to cut OUT the matting here, just cut out the pile. 

Cut a tuft of your carpet bit from the closet to fit in the hole (cut from the bottom - the thatchy part, not the fibers/pile).


And use hot glue to glue it in. Apply the glue to the HOLE that you cut, not to the tuft you're gluing in (or the glue will catch as you put the tuft in)

Hard to see, but there's my blob of hot glue in the hole I'm repairing...
And press the tuft in and hold it for a bit.

It will likely be a little higher than the rest of the carpet,


Use some scissors to trim it back down to the right height


And voila! Can't even tell there was a singe there!! I've done this countless times over the years, and have never had a problem with my repair patches coming out from the vacuum or anything. *knocks on wood*

Hope you find this useful!

I am pointing at the hole - just in case you can't tell where it'd be in the picture :-)