DIY Jute vase

http://fixlovely.blogspot.ca/2013/10/diy-jute-vase.html


I really have a thing for natural textures. I love fur, jute, bamboo, woven textiles, etc. So I'm always trying to find a way to "naturalize" things. 

I had this glass vase that I got at the Dollar Tree. I actually don't like see through vases - it's gross to see the watery brown ends of your flowers....to me, at least. 

This is a short post, but this is one of the many things you can "naturalize"!

Get a hot glue gun and a roll of jute, and put a short line of glue along the vase as you go, and wrap the jute on it - hold it down until dry. 
Here it is partly done: 


 All the way done!


It's not a big project, but I'm thinking about the possibilities here...

You can do this to light fixtures, chains, plastic cheap baskets, lamps, candlesticks, curtain knobs, jewelry, picture frames, mirror edging, vanity stool legs, pot racks, anything wrought-iron... it's endless. 

Got any good ideas where to apply this? Comment and let me know, I just might try it!