DIY Drying rack

http://fixlovely.blogspot.ca/2014/05/diy-drying-rack.html
I had some spare crib parts left over from turning my closet into a nursery, and so here's a quick and fun tutorial on how to make your own adjustable drying rack.

I used the rack of a crib (the part that supports the mattress), and spray painted it copper.

I got some long hinges
(similar to these), and drilled them into one end of the crib rack.

 


I bought a utility hook and a quick link (both pics are linked to Amazon)

 And a plastic chain


(Mine was black, but is no longer for sale on Amazon)

Screwed the crib rail to the wall on one end  - make sure the hinge is on the top so you can close it flat against the wall.


Screw the utility hook about halfway down from where the rail would meet the wall if it was folded against the wall. Hook the quick link around one rail on the side of the crib. 

Attach the chain to the quick link, and then you can loop the chain over the hook and raise or lower the rack as you please!



I lower the rail until it's parallel to the floor for hanging clothes, and then raise it a bit for everything to dry out of the way!